PyKC Coffee & CodeMud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeeshop // 1615 West 39th Street // Kansas City, MO 64111
Come work on Python projects, get programming help, help others, and hang out. Bring your own project or work on one of the suggested projects below. We'll have members available to help beginning Python programmers with language basics and practice.
Audience: Everyone! We'll have something for all Python experience levels.
Things to bring: a wireless-enabled laptop and power cord
Sessions On Demand (SOD): These demand-based sessions will have facilitators available.
Beginners Boostrap: Just getting started with Python? We'll help you get everything you need to learn Python installed on your computer. Here are some good resources for learning Python:
- The official Python tutorial: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/
- An introduction to Python through writing games: http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/
- Learn Python the Hard Way: http://learnpythonthehardway.org
- Python coding exercises: http://codingbat.com/python
Django Jam: A session for discussing all things Django.
Tools & Tips: A session about the practical aspects of Python programming. Editor or IDE? MySQL, PostgreSQL or NoSQL? virtualenv or virtual machine?
Build Your Own Session (BYOS): Don't like any of these sessions? How about facilitating one of your own? It's always nice to hear new voices and viewpoints.